Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Pages of Penrose : The Book of August

Just one book this month! It was a pretty busy month with lots of things taking up my usual reading time, and once I finished the first book a couple weeks ago I did not get to go to the library to pick up another.  So, here is the book of August:

15753740
The Storyteller By Jodi Picoult

Thankfully, for being the only book I read this month it was one fantastic book! I love anytime bits of history are incorporated into a book.  This novel, which is set in present day but through the telling of certain memories and stories it takes you back into history, was incredible.  This is my second Picoult book (last year I read Leaving Time) and I have been so impressed with her writing style.  The topics that she brings into her books are thoroughly researched and developed, which make her stories so gripping and real.  If you want a to read a book that inspires you, try a Jodi Picoult book, especially The Storyteller!


Remember to follow along with me on Goodreads.  I find so many great recommendations on there!

No comments:

Post a Comment