Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Parenting Penrose: 12 Weeks with Baby#2

How am I feeling lately? This about sums it up....

Get comfortable. Have to pee. Get really thirsty after you pee. Drink an entire cup of water. Get comfortable. Have to Pee Again. I give up!:

and this...
Pregnancy quote:

and lots of this...
true:

and unfortunately this...
That awkward phase in pregnancy when people can't tell if you're pregnant or just fat.:


How Far Along?  12 w + 2 d

Belly Progress:  I've gained 5 lbs and have officially graduated to belly-banding almost all of my pants.  Feeling (and possibly looking?) like I've just eaten a burrito 100% of the time.

Baby's Heartrate:  First appointment was 141, second appointment was 160.  

Common Questions we are getting:

--Do we hope it's a boy this time?  Sort of, but not really. We have pretty much decided to have 3 kids, so I guess we feel like there is always another chance for a boy. Four years ago I never would have seen myself having daughters, but now that I'm a girl mom I do think it would be fun for Ryleigh to have a sister.  She is also pretty set on getting a "baby shishter" so we will see!  It sounds cliche to just say that we just want a healthy baby, but I'm not naive to the fact that a healthy baby is a blessing, so that really is all that we care about.

--Is this pregnancy similar to last time? So far, I would say it's been a bit different.  I'm having weirder cravings this time, and my morning sickness was also different.

--When is my actual due date?  October 30th

--Am I tired?  Extremely.

--When will we find out the sex of the baby? If we wait until my doctor's office does the anatomy ultrasound, it will be sometime around the 1st or 2nd week of June. Not at my next appointment, but the one after.  Jake doesn't do well with surprises and waiting, so he's trying to convince me to go to 3D Dreams in Fort Mill to do their Gender Determination ultrasound mid-May.

--Am I going to breastfeed again?  Yes, as long as I have the supply to do it.  I've learned some things I can do to hopefully improve the latching issues we had with Ryleigh so that I can actually breastfeed this baby, but if that doesn't work I will be exclusively pumping again.  The goal would be 12 months again, but I know that adjusting to two kids will be a new challenge so if I can't do it that long, that will be okay too.  #FedIsBest

--Is there anything that we want to do differently this time around?  I'm sure there will be a few things.  I feel smarter now about things that we had to learn as we went the first time around so I'm sure there will be some changes and some things we keep the same.  I know every baby is different so we will just have to see what works!



 




No comments:

Post a Comment