Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Pages of Penrose: Books of March

It's here again! My book recap for the month.  This month, I listened to three Audiobooks on my drives to and from work.


I've also been trying to finish what seems like the longest book ever.  I did not realize it was such a lengthy book before I started reading it and with holidays & such this month I have not been able to even really make a dent in it.  So, eventually I will recap this book that I'm actually reading a hard copy of, Five Days at Memorial which is a book about Memorial Hospital in New Orleans during the Hurricane Katrina disaster and what the people stuck inside the hospital went through.  
20166260


But until then, the books I've actually gotten through are:

1022526
Looking for Alaska by John Green

I liked this book, but I thought that it seemed to drag on a little.  The character development was good so that made the read worth it.  If you have not read any John Green books, I recommend reading his The Fault in Our Stars over this book.


18764999
The Collector by Nora Roberts

This was a great book by Nora Roberts.  I love the mix of romance and mystery/thriller in her books.  Being an art nerd myself, I really enjoyed this one.


16071768
Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham

Yes, Lauren Graham as in Loralei Gilmore and Sarah Braverman.  I love her and I wanted to love this book so much. I thought it was good, and knowing that it was inspired by her own experiences made a lot of the storyline comical.  I sort of wish that she had just written a longer memoir instead of a novel.  Overall, I'd say this book was okay and a nice first novel for an author, but I would be interested to read something else by her that would probably be a little better developed.



That's it for March!  
Remember, you can friend me on Goodreads here and come back next month for my books of April.




No comments:

Post a Comment