Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Pages of Penrose Review: Five Days at Memorial by Sheri Fink

Wow, wow, wow. Where to begin with this book?  Sheri Fink does a great job at reporting the events that took place at Memorial Hospital in New Orleans during the Hurricane Katrina disaster.  The entire time that I was reading the story, thinking of what the doctors, nurses, and patients were going through is unimaginable.  If you or someone you know is in the medical field, I highly recommend that they read this book.  It may open their eyes to some procedures that need fixing in their own hospital (although I know that after Katrina many hospitals did re-vamp policies specifically because of the issues that these people faced).

In terms of the actual book, Five Days at Memorial:  Life and Death in a Storm-Ravaged Hospital
, I understand why it was so lengthy--Sheri Fink certainly had a lot of information to tell.  However, that being said, as a busy mom with lots of other things going on each day it was a bit longer than I would have liked.  Perhaps instead of the book having two parts, it became two separate books in a set.  At 592 pages, it was a bit of an intimidating or daunting task to finish!

If you like books about true life events or natural disasters, make sure to grab a copy of Five Days at Memorial.

20166260



Do you love to read?  Friend me on Goodreads so that we can follow each other's bookshelves!


*I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment