Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Plates of Penrose: Superbowl Rewind

Well, our Panthers did not do so well this past Sunday, but luckily we still had a fun evening with friends, snacking on some delicious food!


Of course, we had some of the staple necessities for a good football party menu, like Buffalo Chicken Dip, a fresh Veggie plate with Ranch Dip, and some Smores Brownies for a dessert.


I made my first attempt at making guacamole and it was delicious! Ryleigh and I are big guac fans and this recipe did not disappoint:  Tab's Guacamole.  I switched some ingredients for convenience--instead of fresh cut tomato and jalepeno I used a drained can of Rotel and half a small can of diced jalepenos, and instead of crushed garlic I used a tablespoon of minced garlic.  It all turned out great!



Everytime I make my Crockpot Ribs they are a total crowd pleaser and my husband comments for days about how good they are :) So, I thought I would share the way too easy recipe:


Ingredients:
1 or 2 Racks of Ribs (pork or beef)
Garlic Salt
Onion Salt
BBQ Sauce--whichever is your favorite!

Directions:
Cut your rack(s) of ribs into individual ribs (this is pretty easy-just slice between the bones).  Try to trim off the bits of gristle if possible.  I also usually trim off some of the excess fat--a little is okay to keep on the ribs for flavor but I hate biting into a hunk of fat--yuck!  After you have everything cut apart, sprinkle a light dusting of garlic salt and onion salt on top of the ribs.  Then, sprinkle with a good dusting of Creole seasoning for a nice kick of flavor.  

(At this point, if possible I like to let the ribs marinate overnight in the refrigerator. 
If you don't have time, just continue on to the next steps...)

Get out your crockpot, pour about 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of BBQ sauce over the bottom and then start placing your ribs inside.  Stand your ribs upright--this gets easier the more ribs you place in the crockpot.  I have found that I can fit two racks of ribs in my 6qt crockpot just fine. Once you have all of your ribs placed, drizzle a little bit of BBQ sauce on top of each rib. Then, cook on low for 7-8hrs.  If your crockpot seems to cook everything quickly like mine does--they could be ready in as little as 6hrs.  

Yall, these are always fall. off. the. bone. good!  As you can see from the top part of the picture above--they are seriously fall off the bone tender when they are done!



"Football foods" are always some of my favorites. I'd love to hear if you try these recipes and what your thoughts are!

No comments:

Post a Comment