Sunday, February 28, 2016

Pages of Penrose: Books of February

This February I read three great books!
My favorite of the month was hands down, A Fifty-Year Silence.  



I wrote about my thoughts on this wonderful memoir here.  It is definitely worth the read!




13134304
Wild by Cheryl Strayed

It was an interesting read, my favorite parts were when Cheryl Strayed spoke about the actual hike on the PCT and the different stops that she had along the way. I tried to read this book and had a hard time getting into it, so I decided to listen to it on AudioCD and while parts were still a bit hard to get into, I liked it better when I listened to it.  I hardly ever say this, but I think I would like this story better as the movie instead of the book (although I have not seen the movie yet).




22529254
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

It seemed like this book was becoming so popular that I had to see what all the hype was about.
This was an interesting book, and I thought that the log-type of format worked well since the story is told from three points of view.  I am not sure if this book is being turned into a movie? The whole time I was reading it I kept thinking that this thriller could be a hit movie.  If you liked a twisting story like Gone Girl,  highly recommend this one to you!



Remember, you can friend me on Goodreads here and come back next month for my books of March!

No comments:

Post a Comment