Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Products of Penrose: Fireplace Focus

If you follow me on instagram then you saw this recent house udpate...


Let's focus on that top left picture of our new fireplace!

The fireplace was one of my non-negotiables when building this house and Jake was completely on board with it! I love, love, love how cozy a fireplace makes a house feel.  We opted for the gas fireplace and we went with the larger size of 42".  What can I say, we really like fireplaces.  We also chose to do an upgraded mantle so it is really a focal point in the room.  The builder puts in directional lighting in the ceiling to highlight the wall over the fireplace, and we did a black granite surround.  I also added an electrical outlet over the mantle so that I can plug in lighted garlands and holiday decorations. I am so, so excited for this!

I got an email today from TOMS that they were having a Surprise Sale, and decided to check out what they had to offer.  Sadly none of their Classics were on sale in gray--something I've been wanting for this fall, but....Their Christmas stockings, which I have had my eye on for a while, were on sale for $8.10/each, down from $27!  Pom-poms & paisley make my heart go pitter-patter :)



I purchased them immediately, one of each of the above.  They have a teal version of the diamond pattern one (far right) but I decided to go with all red.  I love how they work together but aren't too matchy-matchy.  I can't wait to see them up on that mantle in a few months!

I also picked up this Pumpkin & Black pocket tee, which  I think will be a great fall transition tee for casual weekends.  It was on sale half off at $17.


I can't wait for these purchases to arrive.  All at a great deal, and also guilt-free since we helped empower women & children in Uganda and the Himalayas through TOMS One-For-One movement.


Happy September! Who else is ready for the holiday season?!

No comments:

Post a Comment