Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day Weekend + first Baby #2 Purchase!

We had a great weekend full of Strawberry Festival fun, family time, dinners outside, and a little pampering.  







To say that I am incredibly excited about this next item is an understatement.  I guess this is considered my first official purchase for Baby #2, although it's arriving today (my Mother's Day present) and I'm going to start using it immediately :) haha. 

For that last 2+ years I've been using my Built Go-Go Diaper Tote [I purchased the Mini Dot pattern] and have been more than happy with it.  I love the size, pockets, material, design, everything of this bag.  However, after two years of hard use it's finally showing some wear (mostly just that the outer bottle pockets have a few holes in the seams and there are a handful too many crumbs inside that will just not come out no matter how much scrubbing of the corners).  

It was time for a new bag that would be baby & toddler friendly, and I'm loving the idea of a backpack design option.  After doing a lot of research and considering several options, I found the bag that seems to have everything I could want:


I purchased that first pattern, "The Duchess" which is a black & white dot with gold hardware.  Apparently I can't seem to get away from that pattern.  I love that it is neutral and sophisticated but fun and Jake wouldn't mind carrying it.

Here's why I love the design:

--Definitely big enough for baby & toddler items
--Backpack straps, top handle, and messenger bag strap options (very versatile!)
--tons of pockets inside and outside
--The side Bottle Pockets are insulated material
--Structured bottom with metal feet

Here's the other thing I love about this bag--It keeps going on sale! It sells from Ju-Ju-Be online for $180, and I found it $30 for $150 when I bought it last week.  When I pulled it up to link to this post, I saw that it's on sale even deeper today for $130!  



In other news...In 3 days I get to hear baby's heartbeat again and in 5 days we should know if our second child is a son or a daughter!


  


No comments:

Post a Comment