Thursday, July 23, 2015

Leaving our Mark.

If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw me post these last night.  
I got the idea a few weeks back from a blog that I follow, Grace and Love.  She's currently building a house and I instantly loved the idea of writing Bible verses in the house before drywall goes up...adding a little of our foundation to the foundation, so to speak.  Her family also buried a Bible under their concrete slab the day it was poured, which I thought was a fun idea!

We decided to write two verses, one near the middle of the downstairs and one near the middle of the upstairs.  We chose this one for the first floor, which is on the dining room column...



And this one, which we had read during our wedding ceremony, for the heart of the upstairs...



Forgive the messy handwriting, that's what happens when you're holding a toddler that's trying to wrestle the marker out of your hand....

....we also ended up with a lot of this, because well...Ryleigh wanted to participate too.



Excited that they will be starting drywall soon!  I can't wait for it to start looking more and more like home.


No comments:

Post a Comment